Saturday, June 28, 2008

fluffing.. I mean fluffy clouds!

Friday night, we spent a fair amount of time at the Paradise Blanket store. Ghilt bought me the gift certificates for the blanket and *five* modules to go with it for my birthday many moons ago, and every time we visit, we can't quite pick five we want. October Brotherhood recently agreed to our request to cash in the certificate on three modules and to hold the other two to pick at a future date.

Now SL was having issues. Before I met up with him, I attempted to change my outfit. My inventory list said that I had, but on screen I was still wearing my previous day's outfit, no matter what I tried on. I grumbled about it in our IM, then headed over to the store anyway. However, he did not see my outfit. He did not see me. He saw a cloud.

This is what I looked like to him - and he kissed me anyway! (yes, that is a regular PG kiss, thankyouverymuch)...



SL being the pain in the buttocks it was that night, we were too nervous to try a relog. So I stayed a cloud to him all night - even as we tested some of the poses in the PB modules we viewed...





We ended our evening with a fishing excursion. I'd been battling a headache all day/night, so it was nice to do something quiet together. Normally, when we fish together, the rule is you attach the fish you catch and keep it on until the next fish you catch and wear replaces it. However, as a cloud, Ghilt could not see anything I 'wore'. So instead, as build was allowed on the parcel (yay for getting to use Sai's fishing pose!), I rezzed each fish I caught so he could see them. And I didn't bother picking any up. After 50 casts, I had caught a ton of fish (perhaps the fish don't suspect clouds and bite a bit more often...). Here's how I looked after 50 casts. All but two or three of the fish that he was wearing, were my catches. And yes, that is a shark in the foreground :)




well, at least to me we did. To him, I was still a cloud...



He said he liked me in anything I wore, and no matter how I looked... and I think this confirmed it :)

3 comments:

M said...

That is too cute. What a sweetie your guy is. And all those fish! LOL

C said...

Well how odd, why were you a cloud to him? I haven't seen that before. It would be cool to be able to do it on purpose, like when you accidently log in half naked at an infohub because your home location is unavailable LOL

Nikki Zenovka said...

Meara - he really is a sweetie.. thanks :) And yes, the fish were really biting for me that night lol

Cen - one of the release candidate viewers he was using shows ruthed people as clouds until they properly form.. or maybe it's just greyed out ppl.. I'm not sure, but it's to protect people from the ugliness until your character rezzes properly. I guess I never did that night with all the SL problems lol.

Naked clouds.. now that would be fun. Actually I wouldnt mind the ability to stay like that, but only when I *wanted* to be in that form!