Saturday, August 9, 2008

Five Things

Meme time, courtesy of Cen...

RL

1. I am shy. Or at least I am until I feel somewhat accepted by someone, then when I feel safe to do so, I`ll crack my jokes and I`m told I can be very funny sometimes. Then I get all shy and socially awkward again.

2. I am a total animal lover. I have a small zoo, consisting of a cat, lovebird (no conflict, the cat understands the bird is part of the family, and she`s never shown any interest in the bird that way at all, even when I introduced them face to face). What else.. oh, a chinchilla, and an aquarium. If I had a house rather than an apartment and was home more, I`d probably have a dog too, but it wouldn't be fair to the dog to have one where I am right now. When I`m out, I squee at the birds, especially if they`re little and like to come up to nibble crumbs you scatter for them.

3. I was an army cadet - at age 12 lol. The recruiters came to our school and showed a video and it looked like such cool adventures. I lasted a year. My mother believed in letting my try things within reason. The within reason ended when she caught a 16 year old boy I had a crush on putting the moves on me at the end of the year dance. It was a short lived romance - the next time I saw him he gave me the shoulder. Not sure if it was because he got in a boatload of trouble with our superiors, or if it was because he already seeing a much older woman of 14 who was rumoured to be putting out, or because I didn`t know how to french kiss (dude.. I was TWELVE).

4. I lost the battle against a mega truck when I was a 16 year old pedestrian. I guess I won in a way - I was told I was lucky to have survived, and that I was lucky not to have had a serious brain injury from it. To this day, I have a small lump just under my right hip, and my right arm doesn`t straighten 100% - not noticeable unless I point it out. Or use it as an excuse against a poor bowling score or something.

5. I`ve been in a movie. About a Playboy Bunny. Ok, it was in a background shot at an amusement park - they were shooting footage of everyone on the ride. I noticed they were filming and `acted` for them, showing the camera just how much fun I was having on the ride. When we got off the ride, they were asking everyone to sign release forms. I was too young to really sign a binding legal document, but whatever, I signed it... and a couple years later I saw me when they showed the movie on television. My screentime was probably one, maybe two seconds. No credits or residual pay. I need a new agent!

SL:

1. See RL, No.1

2. I am a horrible typist. Typo city, and I often interchange the use of your and you`re, which really drives me crazy because I know which is which and don`t have to even think about which is the correct form to use. I`m not dumb, just my fingers are... they just automatically type wrong whenever I use them...

3. I have an insane inventory with TONS of clothes. Yet it often takes me a good 20 minutes, or more, to put together an outfit before I leave my home. If I pick up a freebie anywhere, I can never wear it in the first week, and after that week is up, it`s lost in my inventory somewhere...

4. I feel very awkward whenever I`m in someone`s shop and they happen to be there. Like they`re just watching and waiting to see if I buy something so they can buy food for their prim baby this week and keep their electricity from being shut off that night. Of course, having a designer constantly harping at how great a pair of pants she`s selling goes with the top I just bought on sale fuels this irrational thinking. As do the rental agents who IM you as soon as you enter a property offered for rent, running their sales pitch. I appreciate knowing I can IM you with any questions, but no, just because I came back to look at more of the properties two days later does not mean I`m back itching to rent. It means I want to look at more of the places I didn`t get to see the first day!

5. I`m a very indecisive shopper. If there`s a sale one, and 12 colors offered of a particular dress, it can take me ten minutes of agonizing before picking which color or colors to get. Oh, and it took me MONTHS to settle on the house I wanted to buy, and it will take days or even weeks before I get all the furniture picked out for it. I have no idea how Sai does it... but props to her!

4 comments:

Alicia Chenaux said...

4. I feel very awkward whenever I`m in someone`s shop and they happen to be there.

OMG ME TOO!!!!! Sometimes I just want to look, I don't want to buy just yet. But if they're there, I feel like I HAVE to buy something or it's insulting. LOL And heaven forbid they're in there when they have a dollarbie out. Then I really feel lame. lmfao

Dyami Jameson said...

I've come across a few of those rental agents too. I've had them show me around and everything when I really didn't feel like looking. And then it kind of makes you feel like you do have to rent there just because they took all of that time with you. Somehow I've managed to get myself out of those situations.

I'm the same way in real life. Just leave me alone and let me shop. If I need help, I'll ask for it.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you guys!! The other day I TP'd to a store to get a dollarbie. The floating text said $1L and then when I got it, I ended up paying $75L. I was about to IM the store owner when she IM'd me and apologised. She then appeared in the store to fix the vendor, paid me back $74L and in addition, gave me another free gift to make up for the inconvenience. Wasn't that nice? She stayed in the store and I soooooo wanted to buy something from her just as a thank you. But OMG I couldn't find anything I liked. I felt terrible!!!

Ditto with the indecisive shopper thing. If it doesn't cost much, I'm okay, but like yesterday one of the skin designers had a 24-hour 50% off on random skins, and I was trying on demos and stressing out over which (if any) to buy. *sweats*

Nikki Zenovka said...

Allie - just today I was in someone`s shop who advertised a 10L pair of sculptie shoes - I landed there and got lost in IM`s. The owner was there and pointed them out for me. So then we had to chit chat... she was a new store and seemed pretty low traffic. I just felt half her hopes and dreams lay with me buying her regular price shoes. But she was on the same price level many top level stores and had no demos - the 10L pair would become the demo.. and while they were kinda cute, they just did not hold up to those other stores. I still feel bad that I have not gone back to buy from her LOL

Dyami - I broke away from my overzealous agent by telling him (truthfully) that I was already renting and was in no hurry. I have also fallen back on the excuse that I have to bring my bf to look if I find a place.

In reality, this time I just wanted to look at the house - to decide if it was one I wanted to buy for my current property lol.

It was creapy though - I was the only one on the sim, so he obviously had some kinda of surveillance to ring the alarm that I was there...

Quaintly - now that is service! Too bad you couldnt find anything to buy. Perhaps you can pass on the name of the store to others. If you cant buy from her, advertising is the next best - or ever better - thing :)